Kale, Bacon, Chickpea Soup
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 T. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. olive oil
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and roasted
3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1/4 tsp. rosemary
4-5 c. kale, chopped
1 T. Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add one can of chickpeas and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
3. Transfer to a food processor and add 1 cup stock. Pulse until pureed.
4. Return to the pot and add the remaining stock, 1/4 cup of remaining chickpeas, and 1 slice of bacon.
5. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer. Add kale, remaining chickpeas, and rosemary. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until kale is wilted.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese.