Chicken Peanut Lettuce Cups
1.5 lb ground chicken (I grind mine with the KitchenAid attachment)
4-5 romaine lettuce heads
1 c. freshly ground peanut butter
2 tsp. grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T. lime juice
1 T. beef bouillon
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
pinch of white pepper
1/2-3/4 c. water
Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
1. Cook chicken in a large pan until it is no longer pink
2. Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, ginger, garlic, in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until combined and smooth.
3. In a small bowl, stir together bouillon, vinegar, white pepper and water.
4. When peanut butter mixture is combined, add the bouillon mixture 1 T. at a time until desired taste is achieved.
5. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the chicken and allow to cook for an additional 5 min.
6. Spoon the meat mixture into the lettuce cups and top with carrots, apples, and coconut flakes