1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. old fashioned oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 c. buttercup puree (about 1/2 of a medium size squash)
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 c. walnuts
2 T. oats
2 T. maple syrup
2 T. coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcakes liners in a muffin tin
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
3. Mix together squash, oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and ginger. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in walnuts.
4. Divide into prepared muffins cups.
5. For the topping, melt the coconut and stir in remaining ingredients. Divide mixture among the tops of the muffin batter.
6. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until knife comes out clean.